Listening to lung sounds and understanding their diagnostic meaning is one of the first steps in advanced medical care. Although you are given lectures and a short amount of time in lab sessions, a student really needs to hear and practice out of the classroom. Having the right training tool for your is essential to mastering this medical art.
Lung Sounds Overview:
This educational CD-ROM includes the most important clinical information on lung sounds that Doctors, Nurses, EMTs, Paramedics, Respiratory Therapists, students and other physicians need to know and maintain. This software has audio, text, illustrations and synchronized waveform displays. The multimedia presentation shows students the principles of lung auscultation with examples of a number of normal and abnormal lung sounds.
Lung Sounds Training Features include:
- Identification of normal and abnormal lung sounds to aid in diagnosis
- Fast access to sound library with accurate visual representations
- Detailed description of underlying lung sound mechanisms
- Multimedia CD-ROM that's compatible with both PCs and Mac
- Audio playback with synchronized waveform display
- Textual descriptions and Lung Sound Patterns
- Cases for you to review so you can really internalize the skill
It's a course in a disk that can help you stand out from those that simply do the classwork. While you are at it, get a quality stethoscope
from so you can hear things properly (but at a better price than Littmann Stethoscopes) and you'll be off to a great start.